Thursday, November 25, 2010

Super 6 Water Polo Tournament

Last weekend was the final weekend in the top division for men and women, culminating in the Super 6 tournament for the men and a Super 4 tournament for women. I missed the final day to see a fĂștbol game (more later) but this was the best pool I refereed at in Argentina - all deep and 30m. It's at an athletic training center called CeNARD (Centro Nacional de Alto Rendimiento Deportivo), one like the one I stayed at in August at the Australian Institute of Sport in Canberra or the US training center in Colorado Springs. None are architectural dreams, but I like the athletic dreams that fill these little sports villages. The other thing I like about this pool's location is that there's a nice view of River Plate's stadium on the walk in to the pool building, which I saw at sunset all three nights I whistled there.

I'll definitely miss games here. I met a lot of people I hope to stay in touch with, and I learned a lot about refereeing water polo here. I hear the men's national team is training in the United States sometime next year...

No comments: